Welcome to the Teacher Resource Center!
Your search is over! To begin accessing our classroom-ready lesson plans and additional resources, click on the Curriculum Matrix. Consider creating a free user account to save links into your own personal site library — (MyLibrary) to access later.
Agriculture in the Classroom does not attempt to add anything to the existing school curriculum. All of the lesson plans you find on this site have been correlated with, and meet core curriculum standards in the areas of science, social studies, nutrition, and College & Career Awareness. In addition, all lessons have links to additional resources; activities, trade books, maps, kits, online movies, DVDs, websites, and more! This site easily enables you to develop your own curriculum map.
- Teachers attend Utah AITC's Summer Agriculture Institute and learn about sheep genetics and transgenic goats at Utah State University.
- Secondary teachers participate in a professional development workshop at Utah State University.
- Teachers attend Utah AITC’s Summer Agriculture Institute and learn about robot technology used in agriculture.
- Teachers in San Juan county attend the Hatching Science Workshop and receive Hatching Science grants.
- Teachers in Salt Lake County attend the Hatching Science Workshop and receive Hatching Science grants.
- Teachers attend an AP Human Geography professional development workshop.
- Terrariums in the classroom are a great way to explore living and nonliving concepts.
- 4th grade elementary teachers examine soil texture.
- Teachers looking at heredity using chicken breeds.
- Preservice teachers model a Farm Web on the board during a workshop.
- UVU Preservice teachers participate in a seasons circle to learn how to teach students about seasons.
Classroom materials (PDF, PowerPoint files, etc.) and resource information from this website may be reproduced for educational not-for-profit purposes without the written consent of Utah Agriculture in the Classroom provided that the user use the following credit line, "Reproduced with the permission of Utah Agriculture in the Classroom, Utah State University, [online] utah.agclassroom.org."