Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Under Your Feet: Soil, Sand and Everything Underground
Under Your Feet delves beneath the Earth's surface and explores the diverse wonders hidden there. Encounter creatures of the deep and marvel at the mind-boggling size of the humongous fungus—the biggest organism in the world. Learn how one handful of ordinary soil contains more organisms than there are people on Earth, and carry out experiments using dirt from your own back garden.
Royal Horticultural Society
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- What's in Soil?
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- Types by Texture
- The Soil We Grow In
- The Soil Chain
- Texturing: The Big Picture
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 3-5)
- Plant Growth Affects the Soil
- What's Our Soil Worth?
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades 3-5)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- Dark Days
- Color in the Garden
- Caring for the Land