Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Good Enough to Eat: A Kid's Guide to Food and Nutrition
This book offers all the basics found in an adult nutrition guide in a format designed specifically for kids. Lizzy Rockwell has filled Good Enough to Eat with funny speech bubbles, detailed illustrations, and an engaging cast of children who explain everything from why your body needs protein to how long it takes to burn 100 calories. All this plus hands-on experiments and recipes make learning so much fun, kids can taste it!
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Give Me Five!
- Nutritional Value of Fresh Produce
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 3-5)
- What's on MyPlate? (Grades 3-5)
- Freshest Fruits
- Eggs: Protein MVP
- Making Half MyPlate Fruits and Vegetables
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades K-2)
- A Taste of Leafy Greens