Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Seed Ball Garden Activity
Use these instructions from KidsGardening.org to make seed balls as a fun and inexpensive way to sow native plants and flowers! Seed balls are a small collection of seeds, compost/soil, and clay. They are commonly used to revegetate areas burned by wildfires but can also be used on a smaller scale in home gardens and classrooms.
Time to Complete
- Clay (can be found at craft stores)
- Potting soil or compost
- Seeds (easy-to-grow varieties)
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot
- Exploring Texture in the Garden
- Seeds, Miraculous Seeds
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World