Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
TEDMED Talk: What Does the World Eat?
Peter Menzel is a freelance photojournalist known for his coverage of international feature stories on science and the environment, and his wife Faith D’Aluisio is a former award-winning television news producer. In this 14-minute talk, Menzel discusses the projects they have undertaken together, including publishing The Hungry Planet. He further explores the changes they have observed in what and how people eat around the world, touching on issues such as obesity and food security.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Filling the Global Grocery Bag
- Cultures, Food, and Communities Around the World
- Food Systems Feed the World
- Global Food Security
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 3-5)
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 6-8)