Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Dig In: Hands-On Soil Investigations
Give students the dirt on soil with a practical book that brings new meaning to the term "hands-on." Using these 12 activities and two original stories as guides, kids will soon be up to their elbows in the study of soil formation, habitats and land use, animals that depend on soil, plants that grow in soil, soil science, and soil conservation. Each teacher-tested lesson plan offers helpful background, assessment methods, and suggestions for further exploration.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- The Right Diet for Your Plants
- The Right Solution
- Types by Texture
- In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 9-12)
- Can We Have Too Much of a Good Thing?
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)