Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Using Technology to Save Water
Use this resource when discussing the future use and demand of fresh water. Sixty percent of the world's fresh water is used by farmers which has a large impact upon its availability in meeting the challenge of producing food for a growing population. This article explains how scientists in the southwest are developing tools for saving water with the help of satellites, computer models, remote sensors, and other types of technologies.
United States Department of Agriculture AgResearch Magazine
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Learn, Protect, and Promote Water!
- Growing a Nation Era 5a: Growing Technology
- Properties of Soils (Grades 6-8)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 9-12)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 3: Water (Grades 6-8)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 3: Water (Grades 9-12)
- Journey 2050 Lesson 7: Technology and Innovations (Grades 6-8)
- Water Ops for Growing