Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Rocks and Soil
What is sand made of? What is erosion? What is clay used to make? The Investigate series encourages science inquiry with an interactive, investigative, and visual approach to a wide range of core curriculum topics. The format allows students to use scientific processes such as prediction, hypothesis, and inference in answering a series of questions on important topics throughout the book.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades K-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 3-5)
- The Soil Chain
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades 3-5)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- Vermicomposting (Grades K-2)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Caring for the Land
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World