Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Some Like it Hot: Climate Change and Agricultural Pests
Scientists and farmers are starting to notice that as California's winters warm up, the state is becoming more hospitable to agricultural pests resulting in crop destruction and undesirable traits in food. Secondary students can explore the impact of this phenomenon in this video.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Use of Biotechnology in Selecting the Right Plants
- Hungry Pests
- Carbon Hoofprints: Cows and Climate Change
- Climate Change Phenomena: Bananas in Our Breadbasket?
- The Carbon Cycle and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Where Does it Grow? The Science of Climate and Food