Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
School Gardens: A Guide for Gardening and Plant Science
This free guide can serve as a tool for teachers who are implementing a school garden program. There are 31 activities that can support and supplement hands-on experience in the school garden. Each activity is aligned to education standards. The guide was compiled for Minnesota, but can be adapted to other areas.
The guide can be downloaded in pdf form or ordered in a paper format or on a USB drive. Follow the link for more information.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Three Sisters Garden
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 9-12)
- My Healthy Plate
- Plants Around You (Grades 3-5)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 6-8)
- Magic Beans and Giant Plants
- A Garden Plot: The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades 3-5)