Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Food Doesn't Grow in the Supermarket!
This DVD, narrated by children, follows "The City Guy," an adult who thinks he knows where food comes from (the grocery store), as he visits three different farms to learn where food really comes from and what it takes to produce it. Interesting even for those who have experience in farming and food production! This video is available on DVD or YouTube. Order this DVD online from agclassroomstore.com.
Time to Complete
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Edible Numbers
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 6-8)
- Fruits of Our Labor
- Why People Need Plants
- FoodMASTER: Meal Management
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 3-5)
- Animal or Plant?
- My Farm Web (Grades K-2)
- A Day Without Agriculture (Grades 3-5)
- Plant Tops and Bottoms
- A Day Without Agriculture (Grades K-2)