Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Mozzarella Cheese Kit
Making mozzarella cheese in the classroom can provide an engaging opportunity to discuss food processing, the science of enzymes and proteins, careers, and more. This kit includes rennet (enzymes), and citric acid (acid), two of the components used in the cheesemaking process. Order this kit online from agclassroomstore.com.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Milk: The Scoop on Chemical and Physical Changes
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- Enzymes and Bacteria are Whey Cool!
- FoodMASTER Middle: Cheese
- Cheesemaking: A Science, an Art, and a Craft
- Say Cheese for Protein
- Cheesemaking: From Liquid to Solid