Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Say Cheese! A Kid's Guide to Cheese Making
A mother-daughter team bring easy cheese making right into your kitchen with this fun guide for kids and families. Step-by-step photos take kids ages 8–12 through the cheese making process, then teach them how to make 12 classic favorites, including mozzarella, feta, ricotta, and cream cheese. A hearty helping of kitchen chemistry and math along with bits of international cheese making history add to the education.
Ricki Carroll and Sarah Carroll
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Milk: The Scoop on Chemical and Physical Changes
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- FoodMASTER Middle: Cheese
- Cheesemaking: A Science, an Art, and a Craft
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades 3-5)
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades K-2)
- Pizza Time!
- Say Cheese for Protein
- Enzymes and Bacteria are Whey Cool!
- Cheesemaking: From Liquid to Solid
- Science You Can Eat