Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Some Like it Hot: Climate Change and Agricultural Pests
Scientists and farmers are starting to notice that as California's winters warm up, the state is becoming more hospitable to agricultural pests resulting in crop destruction and undesirable traits in food. Secondary students can explore the impact of this phenomenon in this video.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Carbon Hoofprints: Cows and Climate Change
- Climate Change Phenomena: Bananas in Our Breadbasket?
- Hungry Pests Lesson 1: Attack of the Invasive Species!
- Hungry Pests Lesson 2: Meet The Pests
- Hungry Pests Lesson 3: Invasive Species on the Move
- Hungry Pests Lesson 4: Leaving Hungry Pests Behind
- Use of Biotechnology in Selecting the Right Plants