Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Dirt: The Scoop on Soil
This 24-page book discusses the nature of soil as well as it's uses. It is a great resource to teach students about soil, it's many forms, and the life that it supports.
Natalie M. Rosinsky
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Caring for the Land
- Color in the Garden
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- People and Plants Need Nutrients
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World
- Texturing: The Big Picture
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- The Soil We Grow In
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- Vermicomposting (Grades K-2)
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?