School Garden Center
This web page offers practical information about gardening with children and provides engaging lesson plans and activities that integrate gardening themes into core curriculum. School gardens provide an opportunity to build understanding about the natural world through active investigation and inquiry. Gardens inspire students to use their senses, exercise their imagination, build communication skills, think critically, problem solve, and explore their questions, while providing a meaningful context for multidisciplinary exploration.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades 3-5)
- Exploring Texture in the Garden (Grades K-2)
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades K-2)
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Grades 3-5)
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World