This digital reader introduces soil formation and soil horizons with a fun edible soil activity. Other topics include the nitrogen cycle, plant nutrition, and fertilizer basics featuring the 4R Nutrient Stewardship. This resource is an excellent supplement to soil lessons and can be requested for free from the Nutrients for Life Foundation. There is a student reader as well as a teacher guide.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- It's a Dirty Job
- Fertilizers and the Environment (Grades 6-8)
- In Search of Essential Nutrients (Grades 6-8)
- Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 6-8)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 6-8)
- Plant Nutrient Deficiencies (Grades 6-8)