How Do Apples Grow?
This book is a part of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series, and it clearly illustrates how fruit comes from flowers. Colorful illustrations show the male and female parts of the apple flowers up close, and the role that bees play in pollinating apple flowers is explained in simple language. The book follows apple trees through all four seasons, from the closed buds of winter to the ripe apples of fall.
Illustrated by Giulio Maestro
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
- Apple Science: Comparing Apples and Onions
- Honey Bees: A Pollination Simulation
- Flower Power (Grades 3-5)
- Rock, Paper, Scissors: Dominant and Recessive Traits
- A is for Apples
- Four Seasons on a Farm