By featuring a single cow (Clarabelle) and her calf on a large, modern-day Wisconsin dairy farm, Peterson describes all the latest technology that enables farmers to create energy and other by-products from their herds. And yet none of the modern-day machinery matches the miracle of production that is the cow herself. Vibrant, close-up photographs capture Clarabelle with her herdmates and her newborn calf as well as the family members of Norswiss Farm who live and work together.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- The Ultimate Efficient Recycler
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades K-2)
- FoodMASTER: Milk and Cheese
- It's a MOO-stery! (Grades 3-5)
- A Day Without Dairy
- Milk or Meat? Beef or Dairy?
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- Energy's Journey from Farm to You
- Survival of the Fittest: Comparing the Needs of Humans and Cows