Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Soil! Get the Inside Scoop
This book will help get kids excited about the living world of soil. Targeted for children aged 9-12, this 36-page, full-color book explores how soil is part of our life-the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the houses we live in, and more. Along the way, readers learn about different kinds of soil and meet the scientists who work with soil every day.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?
- Properties of Soils (Grades 6-8)
- Properties of Soils (Grades 3-5)
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Caring for the Land
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- Digging Into Nutrients
- How Much Is Dirt Worth? (Grades 3-5)
- Color in the Garden
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World