Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
This three-page informational sheet describes the processes of how an animal grows, how it gets from the farm to the store, and what products are produced from that animal. Words and simple graphics are used to portray this information for beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens, and turkeys. Text may be difficult for young readers but can be used by teachers as a basic resource for descriptive purposes. Print your own or order pre-folded charts from agclassroomstore.com.
File, Map, or Graphic
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Search for the Source (Grades K-2)
- A Search for the Source (Grades 3-5)
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- Food Systems Feed the World
- Where Does It Come From?
- Farm Animal Life Cycles
- Animal or Plant? (Grades 3-5)
- Animals on the Farm