Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
The Facts and Knowledge of BT Corn
A 13-minute video to answer questions about genetically modified BT corn. Understand questions such as Why is it safe to consume BT corn? What is BT (bacillus thuringiensis) and where does it come from? How is BT corn (and other GMO plants) regulated?
Use the following time stamps for answers to the following questions:
- 0:00-3:30: Why is BT corn safe to eat?
- 3:31-4:47 What is BT (bacillus thuringiensis) and where does it come from?
- 4:48- 7:48 How was the BT gene added to the corn genome?
- 7:49-10:02 Who regulates BT corn (and other genetically modified crops)?
- 10:03-12:59 What does BT corn do for farmers?
Cutting Mat Science
University of Maryland
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Evaluating GMO Perspectives Through Labeling
- FARMLAND: GMOs and Organic Agriculture
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and Organic Foods
- Plasmid Problem Solving
- The Science of a GMO