Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
Tillie Lays an Egg
Unlike the other hens at Little Pond Farm, Tillie isn’t one to wait her turn to lay her eggs. And she’s certainly not one to stay cooped up all day. Off she goes! Author Terry Golson and photographer Ben Fink invite you to join Tillie on her first eggs-straordinary adventure. Come along as she explores the cozy world of Little Pond Farm—and lays her eggs in the unlikeliest of places! This book is perfect for engaging young students.
Share live footage of the chickens that inspired the story of Tillie by visiting Terry Golson's streaming HenCam.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Be a DetEGGtive!
- Eggology (Grades 3-5)
- Eggology (Grades K-2)
- Eggs: From Hen to Home
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades K-2)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Hatching Science with Classroom Chicks (Grades K-2)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades 3-5)
- Inside the Egg, Hatching Chicks (Grades K-2)