Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Search Lesson Plans & Companion Resources
This three-page informational sheet describes the processes of how an animal grows, how it gets from the farm to the store, and what products are produced from that animal. Words and simple graphics are used to portray this information for beef cattle, pigs, chickens, sheep, and dairy cows. Text may be difficult for young readers but can be used by teachers as a basic resource for descriptive purposes.
Utah Agriculture in the Classroom
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Agriculture Pays
- Animal Life Cycles
- Baa, Ram, Ewe... Sheep Tales
- Farm Animal Match
- Food Systems Feed the World
- From Chicken Little to Chicken Big (Grades 3-5)
- Source Search (Grades 3-5)
- Source Search (Grades K-2)
- Where Does It Come From?